WHAT IS MOUTH ULCER—
Mouth ulcer is a very common disease of mouth. It is also knows as stomatitis & aphthous ulcers These are white or red small ulcers & mostly occur in the inner side of the cheeks, tongue, lips , roof or floor of the mouth & sometime in the throat.
CAUSE OF MOUTH ULCER—
1) Accidentally biting the inner side of the mouth
2) Trauma from a toothbrush
3) Deficiency of vitamin B12 or Iron
4) Excessive salty food
5) Bacterial, viral or fungal infection
6) Constipation or bowel disturbance
7) Food allergy
8) Chemical injury
9) Poorly fitted dentures
10) Mouth burns from hot food or drinks.
1) White or red colored small ulcer
2) Pain during eating, drinking & talking
3) Constant burning sensation in the mouth
4) Speech is painful resulting loss of clarity
5) Excessive salivation
1) NATRUM –
2) ARGENTICUM –NIT---Ulcers in the tip of tongue, lips & in the throat. Dark redness of throat. Ulceration of stomach, burning. Gums tender and bleed easily.
3) MERC-SOL--- Ulcer of the gums, tongue, throat & inside of the cheeks with profuse salivation .Bad smell from the mouth. Sore pain on touch and from chewing. Burning in throat,
4) BAPTICEA--- Mouth full of ulcers with offensive smell .salivation. Teeth and gums sore, ulcerated. Dark redness of soft palate.
5) AURUM-TRIF---Rawness of the roof & palate, Very sore feeling in the mouth. Picking lips until they bleed. Corners of mouth sore & cracked.
6) BORAX---mouth ulcers of children , pain & burning while touching ,white colored ulcer ,bleeding during eating . Tendency to ulcerations of all forms, especially flat and superficial ulcers.
7) ACID-SULPH--- Mouth ulcer due to hyperacidity. Bleeding from gums. Offensive breath.
8) NUX-VOMICA---Mouth ulcers due to constipation. Small aphthous ulcers. bloody saliva